Description from Amazon
This multifunction tool is excellent for gardening, landscaping and it’s also a great digging knife for metal detecting and camping. The serrated edge can easily cut through plant roots, small branches and ropes. The sharp blade makes it easy to cut sod or divide perennials. It is ideal for weeding and cutting open bags of mulch. The name hori hori comes from the Japanese verb “to dig” and means “dig dig.” Originally, hori hori were made of sharpened bamboo. They were used for digging out bonsai specimens from the mountains of northern Japan. The curve of the blade is fashioned after the curved shape of bamboo. This Nisaku hori hori package includes the original vinyl sheath provided by the manufacturer, as well as a premium, top grain leather sheath. Keep the sharp edges of your hori hori protected and within reach as you garden. MB HANA’s leather sheath is custom designed to fit the Nisaku hori hori. For extra durability, the saddle leather sheath is reinforced with star rivets to prevent pull through. Extra rivets at the tip keep sharp tools from poking through.
- Nisaku Hori Hori No. 650 with a serrated stainless steel blade – supplied by Tomita.
- MB HANA leather sheath is custom made in USA to fit the Nisaku Hori Hori. Slotted to fit belts up to 2″ wide.
- Concave blade for scooping soil and mixing in soil amendments, has engraved depth markings.
- Exposed blade is 7.25″ long and 3mm thick. It’s extremely sharp for digging in the toughest soils.
- High quality Japanese steel is completely tempered to increase durability. Stainless steel blade is mirror polished to resist rust and dirt.