Description from Restoration Hardware
Potters in the Tuscan hill town of Impruneta launched a clay-making dynasty in the 1600s, using local terracotta for garden pots, basins and olive jars. Examples of their work, imprinted with a kiln mark and dated more than 150 years ago, can still be found near Florence. We’ve created our version of a classic design, using authentic Impruneta clay and made in Italy. Each piece is hand made one at a time by potters using the same traditional methods employed generations ago.
- Handcrafted of heirloom-quality Impruneta clay in grey
- Unique combination of minerals in the clay make it extraordinarily strong and durable with proper care
- Pots are fired in the kiln at temperatures up to 2100°F
- Will weather with age and use
- Frost-resistant to -20°F when winterized according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Stamped with the Impruneta kiln mark
- Includes drainage holes
- Due to handcrafted nature, no two are exactly alike
- Slight variations in patina, texture and size are to be expected given that each pot is made by hand. Fine cracks resulting from the drying process are characteristic of handmade terracotta and are not considered a defect.
- Care: Avoid any sharp impact to the pot. To avoid freezing and breakage during the winter if the pot is left outdoors, we recommend the following: keep the drainage hole clear, lift it up off the ground with a wedge or terracotta feet, drain any water to avoid freezing or breakage, and fill it with soil.
- Crafted in Italy
- All dimensions are approximate
- Small: 22¾” diam., 15″H; 53 lbs.
- Medium: 28″ diam., 19¼”H; 132 lbs.
- Large: 32″ diam., 22″H; 198 lbs.
Prices range from $275.00 to $955.00