Description from Design Within Reach
Growing up in a resourceful do-it-yourself family, John Paul Plauché learned how to design and create objects at an early age. A man with an inquisitive, artistic mind, Plauché earned a degree in architecture before starting Plodes Studio. Today, this multidisciplinary workshop provides clients with architectural, interior and product design solutions. Whether he’s working on a limited-edition art piece or a mass-produced shelving system for Google’s offices, Plauché’s approach is about simplicity. “My work is the result of a coalescence of art, product and architectural design,” says the designer. His handcrafted Geometric Firepit (2004) is available in a choice of two sizes and two metals – Corten Steel or Carbon Steel (A36) – and can be used with cut seasoned wood or charcoal. A drain plug “pipe” is included to prevent coals and ash from falling through the opening, while still allowing airflow to help fuel the fire. Made in U.S.A.
- The Corten Steel Firepit is made of a metal designed to rust to a point, and then that rust becomes a protective layer.
- The “A36 Steel” Firepit is made of Carbon Steel, a metal that will continue to rust and peel.
- Both metals will produce runoff that will stain adjacent materials like stone and concrete. The Corten Steel will produce less of this runoff.
- For outdoor use only.
- Purchase the Grate Top or Wood Top to turn the Small Geometric Firepit into a grill or table, respectively. When all components are cool, stack the Wood Top on the Grate Top for extra table height.
- DWR Exclusive
- Materials : Carbon Steel (A36) or Corten steel.
- Small: H 14.25″ W 30.75″ D 30.75″
- Large: H 14″ W 40.5″ D 40.5″