Description from Sarah Raven
We grow lots of this plant at Perch Hill. It is the backdrop to tulips and spring-flowering bulbs, giving strong colour and form for the whole year, but rising to its brilliant acid-green peak from March to June.
RHS Award of Garden Merit Winner
- Genus: Euphorbia Variety characias subsp. wulfenii
- Type: Perennial
- Soil: All soils and will tolerate it very dry.
- Site: Shade to partial shade
- Height: 150cm
- Spacing: 100cm spread.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Care tips: Produces biennial stems of leaves on eyear and flower spikes the next. Cut these back as they brown to allow
- room for new growth.
- Flowers: â March – June
- For the vase: Soak overnight and sear the stems for 20 seconds to stop the sap leaking out.