Description from American Meadows
This venerable plant is loved and hated for the same reason–it grows fast and covers everything. Most people love the deep green glen it creates as it covers the ground, and also any tree trunk it reaches–with plenty of moisture, it’ll climb to 50 ft. or more. Some yards have all the ground space and tree trunks leafy green with clinging English Ivy year round. This is a look most people love, but if you ever have to remove it, its a big job.
Most people use English Ivy as a groundcover in beds, and control it to those spaces. In either case, the leaves are always glossy and beautiful.
- SKU 1IVY
- Common Name English Ivy
- Botanical Name Hedera helix
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Half Sun / Half Shade, Full Shade
- Foliage Color Green
- Foliage Glossy dark green leaves. Evergreen
- Estimated Mature Height 4-6″ tall as a groundcover of climbing vine up to 50 feet
- Estimated Mature Spread Up to 96″ wide (8 feet)
- Planting Season Spring, Summer
- Planting Depth Crown of plant should rest just at or above the soil surface after watering in.
- Soil Moisture Average, Well Draining
- Zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Suggested Uses Erosion Control, Easy to Grow
- Additional Advantages N/A
- Ships to Canada No
- Zones: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Size: 4-6″ tall as a groundcover of climbing vine up to 50 feet, Up to 96″ wide (8 feet)
- Light: Full Sun, Half Sun / Half Shade, Full Shade
- Shipping: Shipping begins in late March based on ground temperatures, warmest zones first.