Description from Williams-Sonoma
This ingenious weeder is handcrafted by Austrian coppersmiths, who forge each heirloom-quality tool from tin bronze a hardwearing, rust resistant copper alloy that contains 94% copper. The looped blade easily loosens weed roots when you move it back and forth over the soil. As it contacts soil, the blade deposits minute amounts of copper that promote water absorption and help to repel slugs and snails.
- Crafted for enduring quality, with honed edges that retain their sharpness.
- Hand forged to premium hardness, then polished to a high shine and left unsealed.
- Particularly useful for removing mat-forming weeds without damaging nearby established plants.
- Rust-resistant metal ages naturally to an attractive bronze patina.
- Solid beech handle is finished with linseed oil.
- Handle can be personalized.
- Copper and brass fittings.
- As with any handcrafted item, subtle imperfections, textures and irregularities are to be expected, and are part of the unique beauty of each piece.
- An exceptional gift for any type of gardener.
- 2 1/2″-wide loop, 10″ long overall.
- 4.6 oz.
- Made in Austria and Hungary.