Description from Williams-Sonoma
This hand fork is handcrafted by Austrian coppersmiths, who forge each heirloom-quality tool from tin bronze a hardwearing, rust resistant copper alloy that contains 94% copper. The tines are honed to sharp points that slice into soil and break up clods and root balls with ease. As they contact soil, the tines deposits minute amounts of copper that promote water absorption and help to repel slugs and snails.
- Fork is hand forged to premium hardness, then polished to a high shine and left unsealed.
- Rust-resistant metal ages naturally to an attractive bronze patina.
- Solid beech handle is finished with linseed oil.
- Handle can be personalized.
- Copper and brass fittings.
- As with any handcrafted item, subtle imperfections, textures and irregularities are to be expected, and are part of the unique beauty of each piece.
- 3 1/4″ wide, 10 1/2″ long; 7 oz.
- Made in Austria.