Description from Bluestone Perennials
Low mound of foliage is a nice cover especially over bulbs as it awakens very late in spring. Deep green foliage turns to red hues in fall. Brilliant blue, starry flowers of Plumbago in the late summer are captivating.
- Deer Resistant
- Blooms For 4 Weeks Or More
- Attracts Butterflies
- For A Sunny Spot
- For A Shady Spot
Ceratostigma General Information:
Ceratostigma make a good tight groundcover – true blue flowers. Long blooming. Leaving old foliage uncut till spring helps the plant to winter over better. Will need protection in northern sites. Best in morning sun and afternoon shade.
Ceratostigma Plant Care:
Follow a regular watering schedule to establish a deep, extensive root system in the first year. Plants are late to emerge in the spring so wait until leaves form to clean up dead stems. Can be divided in spring as needed to maintain boundaries. Weed control is important till plants are established.
- Type: Perennials,Groundcovers
- Height: Short 10″ (Plant 12″ apart)
- Bloom Time: Mid-Summer to Mid-Fall
- Sun-Shade: Mostly Sunny to Mostly Shady
- Zones: 5-9
- Soil Condition: Normal, Sandy
- Flower / Accent: Blue / Blue
- Pot Size: 3.5″ square x 4″ deep