Description from David Austin Roses
Here is a variety of unusual colouring for an English Rose – strong salmon-pink that changes with age to a particularly strong shade of pure pink. Deeply cupped flowers gradually develop into an open, slightly cupped rosette.
Benjamin Britten is a useful rose to provide a highlight among the softer shades of most English Roses. It is of medium height; vigorous, with dense growth and excellent foliage. Ideal for the border or may be grown in a large pot or container.
The fragrance is intensely fruity, with aspects of wine and pear drops.
Named to commemorate the life and work of the famous English composer, conductor and performer.
- Benefits from summer pruning.
- 4 ft. x 3 ft. or 8-10 ft. climber
- Category : English Roses (English Rose Collection)
- Bred By : David Austin
- Color : Red with a touch of orange
- Flower Type : Double/Full Bloom
- Size : Medium Shrub
- Hardiness : Hardy
- Fragrance : Intensely fruity with aspects of wine and pear drops
- Repeating : Excellent
- Special Characteristics : A beautiful variety with blooms of a distinct red colouring. Strongly fragrant.