Description from Wayside Gardens
Valuable in winter arrangements!
Lavender blooms in late summer, followed by violet berries that last till Christmas!
Profusion is one of the most outstanding of all fruiting shrubs! Dense cymes of small lavender flowers bloom by the thousands in late summer. The blooms are followed by masses of spectacular violet-purple berries which can last until Christmas. Profusion grows 8 to 10 feet tall with slender, erect branches.
A wonderful source of color for winter arrangements, this is a specially selected (and hard-to-find!) clone from Europe.
This vigorous shrub flourishes in sun or light shade. Once established, prune every spring, as it flowers on new growth. Plant 10 to 12 feet apart. Zones 5-8. 1
- Genus Callicarpa
- Species bodinieri var. giraldii
- Variety 'Profusion'
- Item Form 1-Quart
- Zone 5 – 8
- Bloom Season Mid Summer – Late Summer
- Habit Upright
- Plant Height 10 ft
- Plant Width 5 ft – 6 ft
- Additional Characteristics Berries, Flower
- Bloom Color Lavender
- Light Requirements Full Sun, Part Shade
- Soil Tolerance Normal, loamy
- Uses Cut Flowers, Ornamental
- Restrictions Puerto Rico, Guam, Hawaii, Canada, Virgin Islands