All of us at Remodelista, Gardenista, and The Organized Home are making efforts to be more eco-minded when it comes to purchasing things for the home. One strategy is simply to buy used. This week, we found very compelling reasons to choose antique and vintage pieces over shiny and new:
1. They’re often cheaper.
2. They come with patina.
3. They warm up modern spaces.
- Old World Meets Modern: A Casual but Elegant Pre-War Flat on the Baltic Coast
- 10 Easy Pieces: Speed Ovens
- Handmade Modern Bathroom Fixtures from Kroft in Canada
- Kitchen of the Week: A Plain English Interpretation in the East Village
- Good News: The Goodee Pop-Up Shop at the Whitney
- Archive Dive: 10 Times Ikea Storage Furniture Looked Expensive