Bring your gardening to new heights with an elevated planter box. “Why,” you ask, “a garden box on legs?”
There are several benefits to an elevated planter:
- Offers “no-bend” gardening, reducing strain on the gardener’s knees and back.
- Great for gardens where dirt space is scarce.
- Puts your garden within close reach.
- Enables urban dwellers without a dirt patch a way to get garden bounty on a balcony or any spot where four legs and a box will fit.
- Gets delicate crops off the ground and out of reach of pets and pests (take that, slugs).
- Gives more control over soil and water conditions for edible gardens.
- Portability enables you to chase the seasonal sun or move the planter to various light conditions depending on what you are growing.
Here’s a roundup of five of our favorites:
Do you favor wooden planters? See our Favorite Square Wooden Planters
and A Planter with Pedigree
. We also have a soft spot for Galvanized Planters
. And over on Remodelista, Julie spotted Colorful Concrete Planters
and found a source.