Washi Paper Lantern – Noppo (Tall)
I am a Tall Washi Paper Lantern. If you’re having trouble finding your path, I’m standing tall to help shine the way.
Made from traditional washi paper these “Michiyuki-Tou” lanterns, designed by Rina Ono, shine a beautiful filtered light. Their low energy LED lights are powered by two AA batteries, making them convenient to power without cumbersome cords. They can function as night lamps, patio lights or to bring along during midnight strolls. They’re also a great way to create a suffused ambience at dinner as an alternative to candle light.
Noppo Washi Paper Lantern was curated by Angélique Chmielewski.
- Maker: Hayashi Kougei
- Designer: Rina Ono
- Dimensions: 5.3″ (w) x 5.3″ (l) x 13″ (h) or 135mm (w) x 135mm (l) x 340mm (h)
- Weight: 0.43 lbs or 0.2 kg
- Materials: Washi (Japanese paper), wood, metal wire
- Made in Japan
- Two AA batteries included
- LED light operated
- LED lasts approximately 100 hours
- Lantern collapses flat
- Replacing batteries when light becomes dim ensures a brighter glow
- Can be hung via the metal handle or placed on a flat surface