The Old Farmer’s Almanac 2014
The Old Farmer’s Almanac 2014 Paperback
Old Farmer’s Almanac (Author)
Accept no substitutes! Americaâ€™s oldest continuously published periodical and best-loved annual is often imitated but never equaled. This is the one, the only, Old Farmerâ€™s Almanac!
Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, the Almanac for 2014 promises to be “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” fulfilling once again (for the 222nd time) the mission set forth in 1792 by its founder, Robert B. Thomas.
In addition to its 80 percentâ€“accurate weather, this yearâ€™s signature mix of wit and wisdom, tips and advice, forecasts and fun includes . . .
- an astronomy quiz to test your Sky-Q
- anglersâ€™ six favorite fish and secrets to hooking them
- vegetables and other perennial edibles to grow
- the time in our lives: where it goes, ways to make the most of it, and more
- the whole truth about whole grains
- how to get bitten by a pet (if youâ€™re not careful)
- rings around Earth (think Saturn) that might influence our weather
- health tips for each zodiac sign
- envelope and napkin jottings that changed the world
plus: Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, historic trivia, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention!
Added value this year:
- 80 full-color pages
- full-color winter and summer weather maps
- updated Reference section