Sweet Green Organic Basil Seeds
The best Basil for making delectable homemade pesto, Sweet Green is a joy of a plant, strongly aromatic with that heady spicy scent, well-branched, and very vigorous. It thrives in any hot, sunny well-drained soil, filling garden or home with the aroma we associate with mouth-watering Neapolitan cuisine!
As its name suggests, Sweet Green has a hint of sugary goodness among the spice in its bite. It is unrivalled for fresh, straight-from-the-garden goodness in pesto and with tomato, mozzarella, and vinegar. But it also cooks well, and is suitable for drying as a spice. Very vigorous, it the plant benefits from several pinches during its early months to increase its bushiness. To extend the harvest, you may want to pinch off the first blooms as they bud out too. Begin picking this plant in midsummer and continue right up to frost!
Reaching 24 inches high and 18 to 24 inches wide, Sweet Green Basil is ideal for containers as well as the garden. If left unpinched it will set white flowers in late summer and autumn, followed by plentiful seeds that will self-sow. And with our Certified Organic seed, you can be assured of growing only the best, most natural Basil, just the way Mother Nature intended! Pkt is 100 seeds.
- Genus Ocimum
- Species basilicum
- Bloom Season Late Summer – Early Fall
- Days To Maturity 58
- Habit Mound-shaped
- Plant Height 24 in
- Plant Width 20 in – 24 in
- Item Form Seeds
- Additional Characteristics Easy Care Plants, Edible, Fragrance, Herbs, Indoor Growing
- Bloom Color White
- Bloom Season Fall
- Foliage Color Medium Green
- Harvest Season Early Fall, Late Summer, Mid Summer
- Light Requirements Full Sun
- Moisture Requirements Dry, Moist, well-drained
- Resistance Heat Tolerant
- Soil Tolerance Normal, loamy
- Uses Beds, Containers, Cuisine, Outdoor