Tall, airy spike-like clusters create a lavender-blue cloud of color above the foliage of this plant, which was named Perennial Plant of the Year in 1995. Finely textured gray leaves on a multi-stemmed form.
- Botanical Pronunciation: pe-ROF-ski-a a-tri-pli-si-FO-li-a
- Key feature: Summer Flowering
- Plant type: Perennial
- Garden style: Cottage
- Deciduous/evergreen: Deciduous
- Cold hardiness zones: 4 – 9
- Light needs: Full sun
- Sunset climate zones: 3 – 24, 28 – 35, 37, 39
- Water Needs: Once established, needs only occasional watering.
- Average landscape size: Moderate grower to 3 to 4 ft. tall and wide.
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Special features: Easy Care, Improved Pest and Disease Resistance, Waterwise
- Landscape uses: Border, Firescaping/Fire Wise
- Flower color: Purple
- Blooms: Summer
- Foliage color: Gray-green