Strange but beautiful. A caudex-forming aroid from Kenya has 3in, shiny-green leaves arranged distichously along bottle-shaped stems, giving a cycad-like appearance. Easy to grow, good as a houseplant, bonsai, for shaded landscapes or terrariums.
An ancient relic, along with Gonatopus, with a unique characteristic (for Aroids) in that the leaflet can fall to the ground, root and form bulblets. This feature is not known in aroids outside of the Zamioculcadeae.
- Easy to grow house plant
- Will grow in lower light areas
- Proper name: Zamioculcas zamiifolia
- Also makes an unusual indoor bonsai
- The plant you will receive is growing in a 6" pot
- Product: Rare ZZ Plant - Zamioculcas zamiifolia
- Retailer: Hirt's Garden