Berggarten is an especially aromatic and flavorful variety of sage (Salvia officinalis) that particularly enhances pastas, roasted meat and poultry, stuffings and cream sauces. The leaves also can be steeped in hot water to produce a soothing tea, a natural remedy for sore throats. Snip the gray-green leaves as needed, and this perennial plant will keep producing all year. Spikes of purple flowers bloom in midsummer and will attract honeybees to your garden.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires full sun.
- Grows to 12″ high, 6″ wide.
- 10″-high plant ships in a 4″ diam. nursery pot, wrapped in burlap and tied with a ribbon.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to HI and CA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.