As part of an exclusive collection of handwoven rugs, we created the MIAC Whirlwind Jute Rug in collaboration with Santa Fe’s Museum of Indian Arts & Culture (MIAC). Hand braided from handspun jute by artisans in India, the printed pattern is inspired by design elements from an early 20th century Native basket in the permanent collections at MIAC.
A round, whirlwind of a rug is just what your [insert a room in your home] needs. Santa Fe’s Museum of Indian Arts & Culture (MIAC) partnered up with West Elm to revive a few patterns inspired by designs from an early 20th century Native basket, and there’s a couple of interesting options in the area rug arena. At six feet in diameter, this spinning triangle pattern will do a good job of putting a little pizzazz into an otherwise boring, ho-hum room.
- Hand braided from handspun jute by artisans in India.
- Created in collaboration with the Museum of Indian Arts & Culture.
- 6’diam. rug.
- Handwoven from 100% jute in Natural / Iron.
- Rug Pad recommended (sold separately).
- Made in India.
- Select sizes are online/catalog only.
- Overall product dimensions: 6’diam.
- Rug thickness: 0.25″.