Dwarf Japanese Garden Juniper
This ground hugging juniper provides a dense mound of branches that radiate from the center. New growth is bright green turning to bluish green as it matures. Winter color has a purple tint. Wonderful groundcover, group planting on a rocky slope, or trained into upright topiary specimen. Foliage and form is superb when left unsheared. Evergreen.
- Botanical Pronunciation: ju-NIP-er-us pro-KUM-benz NAH-na
- Key feature: Easy Care Plant
- Plant types: Groundcover, Conifer
- Garden style: Asian/Zen
- Deciduous/evergreen: Evergreen
- Cold hardiness zones: 4 – 9
- Light Needs: Partial to full sun
- Water Needs: Once established, needs only occasional watering.
- Average landscape size: Reaches 1 ft. tall, 6 ft. wide when grown in natural form.
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Special features: Deer Resistant, Dwarf Plant, Easy Care, Improved Pest and Disease Resistance, Waterwise, Year-round Interest
- Landscape uses: Border, Erosion Control, Green Roof, Mass Planting, Rock Garden, Seacoast Exposure, Topiary
- Blooms: Does not flower
- Foliage color: Blue-green
- Item no.: 5090