Farmer D 2-by-4-foot Cedar Cold Frame
Extend the growing season or get a head start on your spring edibles with this protective cold frame. It provides a comfortable climate during inhospitable winter months, so you can start seeds directly outdoors or continue to grow fall and winter vegetables.
- Sized to fit perfectly on our 2′ x 4′ Farmer D Raised Bed on legs or directly on the ground.
- Crafted of 1.5″-thick FSC certified, untreated Western Red Cedar that is naturally rot- and insect-resistant.
- Plexiglass lid is slanted to prevent snow, water, and detritus from accumulating on top.
- Provides optimum growing conditions by preventing heat from escaping and sheltering plants from wind.
- Transparent top allows sunlight to enter.
- Top of frame may be raised for ventilation, metal struts allow for easy opening.
- Fully assembled.
- 48 1/4″ x 28″; tapers down from 8.75″ to 5″ high overall; 6-cu.-ft. cap.
- Made following socially responsible, environmentally friendly business practices by a company that helps empower people to grow healthy foods and build sustainable communities.
- Handmade in USA.