Family Size Worm Composting Kit
Ready to use worm composting kit. Just add water! (And some food scraps of course :~).
The kit includes: Wooden Worm Bin – 4 Trays, 1/2lb of Red Worms, Worm Bedding-4lb, a fly trap, manual and a drip tray. The bin is fully assembled and ready to use.
- Bin material: Untreated spruce
- Compost capacity: 2 cubic feet
- Maximum flow through: 4lb a week
- Time for ready compost: 2 months
- Model : wwf-k2
- Manufacturer : Wood Worm Farms
To start the worm bin:
- Soak 2lb of bedding in 1 liter (4.5 cups) of non- chlorinated water. Use a plastic container or a strong plastic bag. It’s better to use rain or pond water.
- Let the bedding to absorb water for 2 – 3 hours.
- Put one tray on the base. You don’t need the second tray now.
- Put the drip tray on the floor beneath the bin – to prevent water from dripping on the floor.
- Put the bedding in the tray.
- Put worms on top of the bedding.
- Cover with the lid.
- You can start collecting some food scrap now. After 5 – 7 days it’s OK to feed the worms for a first time.