Cosmos Versailles Flower Seeds Mix
Developed especially for cutting.
Early blooming and vigorous. Produces under short days and is also suitable for greenhouse culture during the winter. Strong stems can withstand considerable handling. Blooms are 2 1/2″ across in shades of blush pink, pure white, carmine red, and pink with a deep pink eye. Ht. 40.” Avg. 4,300 seeds/oz. Packet: 50 seeds.
- GERMINATION: 7-10 days at 75°F (24°C). Outdoors, soil temperature must be above 60°F (16°C).
- CULTURE: Outdoors (recommended planting method): After last frost sow seed thinly in rows, barely covering seeds. Thin when first true leaves appear. Indoors: Sow seed thinly, barely covering, 5-7 weeks before setting out. Keep soil moist until emergence. When first true leaves appear transplant into larger containers. Harden off and transplant outdoors after last frost.
- LIGHT/SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Full sun in any soil. Tall varieties may benefit from some wind protection.
- SPACING: 9-12″ apart. Wider spacing creates stronger, thicker stems.
- USE: Excellent cut flowers. Beds, containers, and mass plantings.
- HARVEST: Fresh Cut: Harvest when petals on first flower are just opening, but have not yet flattened out.
- Latin Name: Cosmos bipinnatus
- Days to Maturity or Bloom: 60-90
- Plant Cycle: (A)