Cast Iron Door Stopper
I am an iron doorstop. I believe that a door should stand ajar, to welcome in all the great opportunities and experiences of the world. So when that cordial spirit arises, you know exactly where to place me. Come on in, you’re always welcome!
- Maker: Tetu
- Designer: Makoto Koizumi
- Made in Japan
- Made from Nambu Cast Iron
- 3 Silicon Feet on the underside to prevent scratching
- Inspired by river stones
- Has a smooth but pebbly surface
- Can also be used as a paperweight
- Dimensions: 3.15″ (w) x 3.50″ (l) x 1.80″ (h) or 80mm (w) x 89mm (l) x 46mm (h)
- Weight: 2.87 lbs or 1.30 kg
- Materials: Nambu Cast Iron
Cast Iron Door Stopper was curated by Stevenson Aung : Finding an object to hold open a door can be quite the burden unless you have a doorstop handy. Sure there are many things that can do the trick, but this Tetu doorstop inspired by river stones is something special. Made from Nambu cast iron, a material used since the middle of the 17th century in Japan, it is heavyweight and smooth. Makes for an elegant first impression and can even double as a paperweight… an extra bonus!