As iced tea season officially gets underway, you can either buy a readymade Moroccan mint blend–or grow your own.
If you have spearmint in the garden, use it in our favorite Moroccan mint tea recipe, from Saveur (serves four to six).
- 2 tbsp. Chinese gunpowder tea or green tea
- 16 lumps sugar (or 1â„3 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 bunch mint, stems discarded (about 25 sprigs)
1. Place tea, sugar, mint, and 4 cups boiling water in a teapot and stir until sugar dissolves; let sit for 10 minutes.
2. To serve, strain tea into serving glasses.
Above: Spearmint, via Reshlok.
Above: A mint tea blend of Chinese gunpowder green tea, organic mint, organic marigold petals, and natural citrus essence, Majorelle Mint from Bellocq, sold loose, is $13 for 3.5 ounces.
Above: Majorelle Mint; $33 for 3.5 ounces in a blue traveler tin.
Above: Bellocq Pinhead Gunpowder is a Chinese green tea; $12 for 4 ounces.