If you haven’t uploaded your entry to the 2015 Gardenista Considered Design Awards, there’s still time–but you only have three more days to submit your project! Entries are due on Monday, June 22 by midnight Pacific Time.
So far, we’ve received only a handful of entries in the following three categories, which increases your chance of winning:
- Best Professional Landscape (Open to Professional Designers)
- Best Edible Garden (Open to Everyone)
- Best Small Garden (Open to Amateur Gardeners)
Here’s a sneak preview of some of the entries we’ve received so far, followed by a full list of Gardenista categories. (And remember, you can see all contest entries as soon as they’re submitted on the Gardenista Awards Page.)
Gardenista Awards Categories
- Best Garden/Amateur: Best overall outdoor garden designed by an amateur gardener.
- Best Small Garden/Open to All: Houseplants, indoor gardens, window boxes, fire escape gardens, container gardens, vertical gardens, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Edible Garden/Open to All: Kitchen gardens, vegetable patches, raised beds, outdoor herb gardens, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Hardscape Project/Open to All: Stairways, decks and patios, driveways, pathways, fences, swimming pools, garden gates, trellises, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Outdoor Living Space/Open to All: Outdoor sitting rooms and lounge spaces, outdoor kitchens, outdoor dining rooms, outdoor showers and baths, etc. open to both professionals and amateurs.
- Best Professional Landscape: Best overall outdoor garden or landscape designed by a professional.
Every winner will receive a $200 gift card from prize sponsor Terrain, and every winning project will be profiled with a full post on Gardenista. Winners will be announced on August 16 (note: changed from initial date of August 8).
Interiors Enthusiasts and Designers
How to Enter
Our contest is open to everyone living in the US, UK, and Canada (except Québec), and there is no entry fee. Submit up to six photos of your space along with a descriptive caption for each photo and a design statement explaining your overall project. You can submit one project in each category for which you qualify. All projects will be published live on our Awards Hub Page within minutes of submitting.